If you have any type of wooden floor, you will eventually need to invest in sanding. While these type of floor is very durable, there comes a time where you need to maintain your floor. Thus the sanding process should be part of your regular floor maintenance, especially in high traffic areas. Please note that the floor sanding process is done once in a while, however when done it must completed professionally.
The professional sanding is most popular with our clients who have hardwood floors. But the truth is that just about any hard material will need occasional maintenance in order to stay smooth and functional. Even if your floor has not sustained damage, it may begin to show signs of its age. This may be a slight bow in material where it sees the most traffic. It might be splintering or chipping, as any finish or sealant has been worn away. The sanding of the floors can eliminate these signs of use by using right machines and techniques.
Also you should note that there is difference between wood sanding and stone sanding and polishing(the correct term is actually stone floor grinding, however most of the people still call it sanding).
The sanding of the floors is an important process for maintaining and restoring the appearance and its durability. The sanding process is used not only on wooden floors but on some stone and concrete surfaces. However the process is call grinding rather than sanding.
With using our professional floor sanding services, your home will benefit:
- Enhanced appearance: The sand process removes the top layer of damaged wood and smooths out any imperfections. Our team will reveal the beauty of your floor in no time. Thus we will dramatically improve the appearance of your floors, making them look cleaner and more inviting.
- Increased durability: Our floor sanding specialist will remove the top layer of damaged wood. This will allows us to add a new fresh coat of finish. Which can protect the floors from wear and tear and prolong their lifespan.
- Improved indoor air quality: In order to achieve improved air our London floor sanding company will remove dirt, dust. And other debris that becomes trapped in the grooves and crevices of wooden floors. This will improve the overall indoor air quality in your home.
- Cost-effectiveness: Our professional advise as floor sanding experts is to renovate and restore rather than replace. The sanding process is much more cost-effective solution for restoring the appearance of wooden floors than replacing them entirely.
- Customization: After the sanding process. You can decide whether you would like your floors to be stained to a different color. Thus you can choose the colour of your floor. We will provide you with a list of available colours. This will provide whole new look to the floors and enhance the aesthetic appeal of the room.
- Increased property value: Last but not least. Using our service will keep your floors in good condition. Thus will help increase the overall value of your property. Making it more attractive to potential buyers.
During the sanding process, we use specialized machines to smooth out your flooring. Sanding, at its most basic level, uses rough paper to smooth bumps, ridges, damage, and normal wear and tear out of the material. The right sanding technique, using the right tools, can leave your floor looking like new again. That is why our teams use only state of the art equipment and detergents.
The sanding varies in a number of ways from other types of sanding. Not only does it require specialized tools that allow us to quickly cover a large area. Bit it requires specialized techniques and knowledge in order to buff away any damage or wear that the floor has endured.
The sanding floors process starts with proper examination, preparation and cleaning. Only then we can proceed with the actual sanding process. Please note that the procedure might need to be done couple of times – depending on the condition of the floor.
⚠️ Please note that the wood floor and stone floor sanding are a bit different and the process differ.
The wood floor and stone floor sanding are somewhat similar. However they are several key differences between them. The news is that our professional floor restoration service cover both floor types. Here is a short list of the difference:
- Material: The most obvious difference is the type of material that is being sanded. Wood floors are made of natural or engineered wood. While stone floors are made of natural stone such as marble, granite, or limestone. We make sure that our team are trained to sand both type of floors – wood and natural stone ones. As well as man made one – such as concrete and terrazzo sanding.
- Surface finish: Wood flooring is typically finished with a clear coat of varnish or oil-based finish. As the stone flooring is usually finished with a sealer to protect the surface from stains and scratches. There is a difference between the varnish and the sealer, however they provide the same result.
- Equipment used: The tools and equipment used for sanding wood floors are different from those used for sanding stone floors. Wood floor sanding requires belt sanders, edge sanders and rotary sanders. While stone sanding requires diamond-tipped grinding tools. In order to provide the best possible service. Our team teams are supplied with the latest sanding equipment in our industry.
- Sanding process: Wood floor sanding is done in several stages. Starting with a coarse grit paper to remove the old finish. Then medium grit to smooth out the surface. Lastly, fine grit for a smooth finish. Stone sanding typically involves diamond-tipped grinding tools that are used to grind down the surface of the stone in a series of progressively finer grits.
- Aesthetics: Wood flooring offers a warm and natural feel to the space with a wide range of color and finishes options. While stone flooring can add a sense of luxury and elegance to a space. Unfortunately with limited color options for the different types of stone floors.
- Maintenance: Wood floors require regular maintenance to keep them looking good. Such as regular cleaning and occasional sanding and refinishing. Stone floors are relatively low-maintenance, although they should be sealed and resealed periodically to protect the surface. We do floor maintenance service with special pricing for the period booked. Thus we offer service on monthly, quarterly or yearly period.
In addition to our professional expertise, we provide floor gap filling service.
The gap filling is the process of filling in the gaps and cracks that can occur between the boards of a wooden floor. These gaps can be caused by a number of factors such as changes in temperature and humidity, the natural movement of the wood, or the settling of the house.
There are different ways to fill gaps in wooden floors. Our team is capable of filling all kinds of holes. Here are some of the most common methods:
- Wood filler: This is a putty-like substance that is applied to the gaps and then sanded smooth once it has dried. This method can be used to fill small gaps. Thus it may not be suitable for wider gaps.
- Sawdust and adhesive: This method involves mixing sawdust with a wood glue or epoxy and then filling the gaps with the mixture. Once the glue has dried, our team will sand the floor for smooth finish.
- Tongue and groove flooring: This method involves installing new boards with a tongue and groove joint, this way the boards will lock together and fill the gaps.
- Expansion strips: This method involves installing thin strips of wood or plastic along the length of the gap, these strips will help to prevent the gap from getting wider.
It’s important to note that gap filling should be done by a professional as it requires experience and skill to ensure a smooth and even finish. If you are using non professional service your floor may be damaged. Which may resolve in replacing the floor. Which in some cases is pricey.
⚠️ Please note that if the gap is caused by a structural problem. The root cause should be addressed before filling the gap.
Our goal is to provide the best possible service on the best possible price. That is why we offer very competitive prices for floor sanding in London.
The sanding prices start as low as £20.00 per sq.m. However please note that the prices depend much on the condition and the type of the existing floor. Based on our experience its always best to organize onsite meeting. Then our floor technician can check the current condition of the floor and then we can provide the most accurate quote for you. Please contact our service representatives they will be happy to provide more information and floor for your particular floor project.
Please note that we offer special prices for maintenance service or floor cleaning and sanding service booked on regular bases.
If you are looking for the best sanding experts London has to offer, we are a great choice. Not only do we have a team of professional sanding technicians. Who are extremely skilled at their work, but we are also very friendly, which is highly appreciated by our customers. Customer service is quite important to us, that is why we endeavor to treat all of our clients with respect and specialized in what we do to exceed all expectations. You will find no friendlier or more skilled floor sanders than us. If you need more information about our sanding service or you want to book your free onsite visit, contact us today!
Our company has to offer you:
✔ High end sanding equipment (no dust)
✓ Free on site meeting
✔ We do our try offer the best floor sanding prices and to fit any budget
✓ Customer care is one of our main goal
The areas a wood floor sanding business in London covers will depend on the specific company. Some companies may have a specific service area within London, while others may cover the entire city and its surrounding areas.
Our floor sanding services cover the whole great area of London:
- Central London: This includes areas such as Westminster, Mayfair, and Marylebone.
- North London: This includes areas such as Camden, Islington, and Hampstead.
- East London: This includes areas such as Hackney, Tower Hamlets, and East End.
- South London: This includes areas such as Brixton, Clapham, and Camberwell.
- West London: This includes areas such as Hammersmith, Fulham, and Notting Hill.
In addition we cover Guildford, Portsmouth, Brighton and other areas. Please contact us within for confirmation for your area.
Do you provide commercial sanding service?
Yes, we offer commercial sanding services. We do provide special pricing our commercial customers. We work with schools, banks, shopping malls, museum, etc.