- By Floor Sanding & Polishing London Ltd
- In Concrete Flooring, Floor Maintenance, Stone Flooring Service, Stone Polishing
Nowadays, a lot of emphasis is put on the environmental issues and the perseverance of the natural resources. Many people say that we live on this planet as if we have another one to go to. After all, those who actually make efforts towards keeping the planet green are fewer than those who pollute it. However, if you fall into the first category and you are determined to install green flooring at your home or office, here are some suggestions that can be taken into account:
- Even if your floor is not currently “green” you can still correct that mistake by giving it a sustainable upgrade. What do you think about the concrete flooring? Although it seems a bit odd at first, concrete is actually a green flooring option. When used as a finish floor, it contains high fly ash content, not to mention that the project will come cheaper as compared to hardwood flooring options. Yet, you have to perform concrete sanding as needed.
- If you are looking for a cost effective, eco-friendly flooring solution, you should definitely consider linoleum. Many people cannot tell the difference between vinyl and linoleum, but the latter is made of less toxic materials.It is also stain-resistant and requires little maintenance. On the downside, it is not as water-resistant as vinyl.
- If you are willing to invest a greater amount of money into your floor renovation project, you are advised to opt for natural stones such as marble or granite. They are well-known for their beauty, not to mention their durability. However, their maintenance is a bit challenging and stone polishing is just one of the components required for keeping natural stones in a decent condition. In other words, if you want to vacuum and mop your floor from time to time only, you have to choose another flooring alternative.
After reading this you just have to stick to your budget and find the flooring solution that will make you satisfied with the end result of your flooring project.