Cleaning and maintenance of natural parquet floor
Our customers often ask us the question: Is parquet cleaning and maintenance hard? Our straight forward answer is NO. You need to follow our main guidelines for keeping with parquet floors during the decoration or remodeling works at your property.
Parquet floors are a beautiful and timeless flooring option, but they do require some special care to keep them looking their best. Here are some tips for cleaning and maintaining natural parquet floors:
- Dust or sweep your parquet floors regularly to remove dirt and debris that can scratch the surface.
- Use a damp mop or cloth to gently clean the floor. Avoid using excess water, as this can damage the wood.
- Wipe up spills as soon as they occur to prevent staining.
- Avoid using harsh or abrasive cleaners on your parquet floors. Opt for a mild, pH-neutral cleaner specifically designed for use on wood floors.
- Protect your parquet floors from direct sunlight and heat to prevent fading or warping.
- Use rugs or mats in high-traffic areas to reduce wear and tear on your parquet floors.
- Consider applying a wood floor finish or wax to your parquet floors to protect them and give them a shine. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and allow plenty of drying time before walking on the floor.
How to keep and save your parquet floor during decoration works at your property?
If you are about to move into new property and you are about to install new parquet floor. You need to know that the floor must be installed after all doors, windows and other types of floors are installed. Then you can proceed with the installation of the new floor. Unfortunately after your new floor is layed they are more items that must come in. Such as new furniture, lamps and maybe the last coat of paint.
Based on our experience many times the floors got damaged in this exact moment when the new furniture are moved in. Thus our advise is to properly cover your floor with good floor protection. Many of the moving companies do that, however many do not. That’s why is best to take the protection of your newly laid parquet floor in your own hands.
Our advise is to cover the floor with properly using proplex surface protection sheets. This material has proven to its abilities to do the job and its used by the professional companies as ours. The parquet floor will be kept clean and free and any damages. Most importantly the parquet will be able to breath.
Advise how to clean and maintain your natural parquet floor:
Start with using the proper cleaning detergents and solution. And by proper we mean not just any but the ones that are suitable for your parquet. Do not use your bathroom cleaning detergents, as you may damage the floor permanently. Its best to check either with the manufacture or the floor installers. One of the advantages of hiring our floor cleaning company is that we not only look after your property (thus we protect the whole working area and floor. But once done with the parquet cleaning we provide you with advise how to clean and maintain your floor on your own. Our advises will safe you time and money, as the floor will be saved for longer period of time.
Use moisturized, lightly wet mop, NOT damp one
Using too much water for cleaning your great looking parquet floor is not good for its “heath”. Remember this is natural wood and adding too much water may damage it. Thus its best to use lightly wet mop for the daily cleaning of your floor.
Make sure appropriate temperature and humidity is set
Remember that the your wood floor is “live” material and its able to accumulate portion of the room temperature and humidity. As we love saying: your floor breath with you. Thus the optimal room temperature is in the range of 15-25⁰, as for the humidity good range is 45-60%. Our advise to pay special attention to the humidity during the winter month. Do not let the air to get too dry.
Door mat – use it
This one is very simple, but many people miss doing it. Put on a doormat and use it. The sand and small rock that stick to your shoes are the invisible enemies for your parquet floor.
Make sure that the sunlight does reach your floor directly
Of course you can let sunlight on your floor. However if its on daily bases and the sun is strong, discoloration may appear. The walnut parquet floor is one that suffers the most of the direct sunlight. Protect it either with a rug or use light curtains. Contact us and we will advise you what floor oil or varnish is best suitable for your floor.
Use furniture protector pads
Do not forget to add protector pads or felt pads under the heavy furniture. Actually you will added only once – as you move in. Then your floor is saved from any furniture scratches. Frankly these are the most frequent inquiries that we receive: “Are you able to fix this one floor scratch?” It very easy to prevent the parquet floor scratches do it!
If something is spilled on your floor – dry it properly and fast
This is another simple one, but some reason many people neglect it. When our professional parquet cleaning and restoration team work on your floor we make sure that high grade durable floor varnish is used. Thus the floor is protected in the best possible way. However even the best varnish is not able to hold large amount of liquid for large period of time. Then the best method is to soak and dry your floor as soon as the spillage happen.
6 key benefits of clean parquet floor
They are many benefits of keeping your beautiful parquet floor clean. Here is list of the main benefits:
- Improved appearance: Regular parquet cleaning can help to remove dirt, dust. And other debris from the surface of your parquet floor. This will reveal its natural beauty and bringing out the rich color and patterns in the wood.
- Increased longevity: Proper cleaning can help to protect your parquet floor from damage caused by dirt, grit, and other abrasive materials. Which can scratch and dull the finish. By removing these materials, you can help to prolong the life of your flooring.
- Enhanced indoor air quality: Parquet floors can accumulate dust, dirt, and other particles that can contribute to poor indoor air quality. By cleaning your parquet floors on a regular basis, you can help to remove these pollutants and improve the air quality in your home.
- Easier maintenance: Clean floors are easier to maintain than dirty floors. If dirt and debris are allowed to build up on the surface of your parquet floor. It can be more difficult to remove. Regular cleaning can help to keep your floors looking good and make it easier to address any issues that do arise.
- Safety: A clean floor is less slippery than a dirty one. This is especially important for households with young children, pets and senior citizens. By removing dirt and other materials from the surface of your parquet floor. You can help to reduce the risk of slips and falls.
- Increased property value: A clean and well-maintained parquet floor can add value to your home, making it more attractive to potential buyers.
Parquet cleaning conclusion
The cleaning parquet floors is easier than you thing. Just follow the above advises and you will be fine 🙂 However they are moment when professional parquet flooring cleaning company must be involved. Either they are deep scratches or the floor has started to look dull and uneven. Then we are the right solution for you. Our floor technicians are experiences and we have experience with different types of parquet flooring. Our prices are compatible and most importantly we are honest. They will be no surprises for you 🙂