- By Floor Sanding & Polishing London Ltd
- In Floor Polishing, Tile Floors
- Tags tile cleaning, tile floor polishing
Ever tried removing paint from floor tiles?
Paint stains are generally among the toughest spots. Sometimes, even if you are very cautious, stains may appear. Removing them is not necessarily difficult but in some cases it may turn out to be a hard task. It is especially true when it comes to tile surface.
Difficult does not mean impossible
Below you can find some easy methods to help you achieve your desired result:
- Scrape the paint off – this is one of the most effective ways to deal with paint on your tile floor, but keep in mind that you need to be very careful. Otherwise, you can cause permanent damage to the surface. Use a razor blade or a putty knife and begin scraping. Hold you tool at an angle to apply enough pressure to the spot.
- Use a scouring pad – it could be very helpful against paint stains as long as you act very gently. Use some warm soapy water in a combination with the scouring pad. Once your flooring is already clean enough, think about some special care which will protect it in the future. In this regard, tile floor polishing is a good idea, isn’t it?
- Nail polish remover – get a cotton ball and pour a certain amount of nail polish remover on it. The secret is in the base of the nail polish remover – acetone. It is a type of a paint remover, so it will make the stain fade a bit. This ingredient is not as strong as the real paint thinners but still can be helpful. Its main advantage is that it you will not cause any damages to the tile underneath. After you apply the nail polish remover, scrub the paint away with a non-scratch pad or a cloth.
- Special cleaning agents – there are specialized cleansers which are able to deal effectively with both fresh and old paint stains. If you are up to buying such detergents, you’d better ask the assistant in the store for advice. Your local experts in stone polishing, for example, may also know something useful.
- Ceramic tile – in case there is stain on your ceramic tiles, please follow our free detailed guide for polishing ceramic tiles
Remember the basics of the tile floor polishing
Just like any other types of spots, a certain rule applies here too. Treat the stain as soon as possible after its appearance! This is the first step towards its fast and easy removal.
Our advise is to always check whether the detergent (that you are about to use) is suitable for the tile floor. Based on our experience is good to check before using the detergents, as using the wrong detergent may result in damaging your tile floor and then even deep tile polishing might not help.
The easiest, safest and free option is to call the professionals tile floor polishing company for free advise. We are available online 24/7 and always happy to help with free advise!