If you like anything classic and cosy in home interior better, then you are a fan of hardwood, especially hardwood floors. But is it a good choice for all rooms at the house? Probably not. However, if you have decided to install wooden flooring in your kitchen, then you must be aware of all the pros and cons of that idea.
Here is what you need to know in this regard:
- Style – well, wood flooring will always be fashionable. If you cannot afford the real thing, then you may opt for a laminate flooring which is also a great option for your kitchen.
- Price – the high price of wood is certainly its biggest disadvantage. Think about that purchase as a long-term investment. Laminate may come cheaper but real wood will have a significantly longer lifetime. Remember that it is going to need hardwood floor sanding from time to time in order to remove any scratches that will inevitably appear.
- Warmth – hardwood floor gives a good insulation and that is something you should consider, especially if you are living in London. You know that winter can be tough and usually comes with high bills.
- Versatility – if you feel like changing the overall décor of your kitchen, then you can easily do that with your wood flooring. It can be resealed and refinished as many times you want to. First, use professional services for wood floor sanding and then proceed to polishing.
- Value – it is a well-known fact that homes with wood floors can be sold faster than those with any other types of flooring. That is something you maybe have never thought about, but still very important.
- Cleaning and maintenance – everyone wants spotless floor but it is difficult to achieve that in the kitchen. Be careful not to spill anything on your flooring. Water is a great enemy of wood and can cause severe damages. Use protective waterproof mats under the sink, for example. Not to mention that wood can be easily scratched no matter how cautious you are. Hardwood floor sanding is more than recommended in such cases – it is not something that you can skip just to save time or money.
You could protect your floor by placing some carpets as well. Select rugs that match the overall décor and create a welcoming kitchen for you and your family!