Marble floors are elegant, but cleaning then can be a matter of concern if you are not sure how to do it properly. They are commercial grade marble cleaning detergents on the market that are highly recommended as they have the correct pH and will not “eat away” or dull the marble. If you are willing to clean the floor yourself here is our advise.
The marble surfaces are beautiful and do require special attention. Regular floor and house hold cleaner can damage your floor leaving them dull and stained requiring professional attention. Which can be pricey in some cases.
Most common problems when cleaning marble yourself
Two of the most common problems with the cleaning marble floors are the product and the process. Bleach and some floor cleaners leave sticky resediu which may cause to get your floor dirty quicker.
The typical wet moping (if not done correctly) is turning the floor dirt into mud and them smirking it into the floor joint/grout. Returning the mop into the dirty water bucket is making it only worst, as the water is really dirty and there is not clean solution anymore.
How to clean marble floor:
- Start with bucket of cool clean water.
- Then add proper detergent – please note that the marble detergent must be around 7pH, thus it will be neutral and gentle. Alternatively you can add stone soap liquid
- Use your normal floor mop. Make sure the mop is clean and you two rinse bucket, then the water will be as clean as possible. Use overlaping short strokes in a rhythmic fashion.
- Once done, mop the floor again thoroughly with clean water free of dirt
- Allow the floor to air dry.
How to clean marble stains, scuffs and marks
Follow our marble stain removal guide:
Make sure that you deal and treat the stains and marks individually. Use a felt pad and a gentle neutral powder cleanser or dollop of detergents. Please note that the its very important rub only along the grain of the marble in a straight line.
⚠️ Do not rub in a circular way as this will leave mark.
Tricks for stain removing:
– Vinegar water – This is basically watered vinegar, this is highly effective method for cleaning yellowish stains on marble. However please note that you must be very careful if you add too much vinegar this may leave additional staining.
– Lemon juice and water – This method is very effective against any rust stains on your beloved marble. Again you should be very careful, do not add much lemon. At the end of the procedure its very important to clean thoroughly with warm soapy water.
– Sodium chloride – Or widely known as cocking salt can be used for additional stains. Or can combined together with lemon for some heavy stains.
Unfortunately in some cases due to the type of damage or not proper cleaning and maintenance polishing marble service is required. You can rent polishing machine and try to clean it your self. However our Professional advise is leave this type of work to the professional marble polishers . In that case you will have the peace of mind that your floor will receive the best care.
If you are in a need of Professional Marble Restoration we will be happy to offer you our service. Do not hesitate to contact us our customer service representatives are super friendly even if you are looking for simple advise. We will be happy help!